Monday, September 28, 2009

Another Small Victory

Race for the Valley at Indy Park was another small step in the right direction. Although I never mentioned it, I was a bit aprehensive about this race duew to the length and the fact that Indy is an ornery bitch of a trail. One that plays havok on healthy hamstrings, let alone mine. I ran smart, never pushed beyond my limitations and had a decent race. Ther hamstring actually felt better than it had in a long time. In fact I just got back from a nice and easy 30 minute recovery run. I havent been able to do that for 2-3 months now. I came home and got a nice stretch and recovery meal in me. I can say I havent felt this positive in a long time about things. I'm actually excited about my goals again, albeit altered a bit. Next up is the Farmdale Trail run on Oct 17. Eight miles of singletrack goodness at "the Farm". And the way things are going now, I may actually be prepared for it!

No comments: