Sunday, April 22, 2007

Countdown to TI

This is Howie's big week. On Friday, we leave for Decorah, Iowa so he can compete in the Trans Iowa race. I'll be helping at the start/finish line as well as possible working some early intersections, but after that I plan on checking out some of the local trails myself. The trails in the area have some great reviews, so I'm looking forward to running them as long as the weather holds. I suppose if it doesn't look to good with the weather I'll spend my time watching the NFL draft, hitting the local bike shop, and just scouting around. I'm generally pretty good and keeping myself occupied, so it won't be a problem.

Yeserday I got my 3 hr. run in at Jubilee and then helped Howie put in a 10' bridge. The park is really in decent shape for the festival. It could use a blower taken to it, but other than that, it's not bad. Now I just hope we don't get any storms that down some more trees.

I will probably be on the RIT a lot this week. My hips are a little beat up, so I'm going to give them a little break from running and try and get some time in on the bike this week. I'm also still working on my calorie intake for the long runs. I'm getting it dialed in, but I really think I need to invest in a fule belt type of system. The one bottle has served me well, but as my runs get longer, so does my fuel and the ability to carry two bottles is important for what I want to be able to do.

Weather looks a little shaky right now so my training this week may be day to day.

No comments: