Monday, July 03, 2006

The Final Push Is On

July 16th is now less than 2 weeks away! I am getting more and more pumped avery day. The bike is tuned with some new tires, my gear list is being made and I even ...dare I say......shaved the legs today. My workouts this week will be short with some intensity and a brick session tomorrow. Everything I do from here out will have an impact on my race. My food, rest and training all has to be on point.

Saturday, Howie and I rode out to the Proctor road race to catch some of our PAMBA brothers taking a try at a road race. They all did very respectable and have nothing to be ashamed of. I think Tony is hooked and I expect to see him in some more roadie races in the future.

Did I mention how excited I am for the Touting Cyclist Bi on July 16th? I have to remember to be smart. I've done pretty much everything I can and I just have to get my legs feeling snappy again. The distances aren't a problem, I just want to be able to put them together and hold a nice pace for myself throughout. I'm not out to conquer the world, but I know I can beat down some of my own demons in the process. Hell, I already have.

No comments: