Monday, May 22, 2006

Good Race at the 'Poo

Once again the KMBC folks put on a great race. Numbers were down a little, but the race was a success in spite of it. 81 racers on possibly the best trails in Illinois. Two injuries to speak of. A two broken collarbones, broken rib and a punctured lung. That's a lot of carnage for one XC race.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Of course Higgy couldn't leave home without his Scooby sheets!

Got the aero bars installed today. I'm a little aprehensive about them, but if I don't give them a try, I'll never really know. Tomorrow I'll give them a whirl on a quick 20 mile tempo ride.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'll take tips from anybody. I'm a lost ball in the tall weeds right now with them.

2 comments:

mattonne said...

I don't know MIDZ, aero bars=road rash or really fast TT's. get your saddle adjusted while your at it cause those bars put alot of pressure on the "jewels"

Mike Howard said...

First thing I told him was adjust you seat! He'll see in hs first couple of miles what were talking about!