Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Bad Timing.....


D'OH!! Posted by Picasa

Really...did I have to get a blister this week? I wish I knew what happened. I never get blisters. I've had my running shoes for a bit now and not one problem. For some reason today I put in a 30 minute run and end up with that thing (see above). Tomorrow is a rest day thankfully. I'll have to see what's up Thursday morning before I try another run. I can't figure it out though. Same shoes, same socks, hell...the same route and never a problem until today.

Aside from that though, not too bad. I felt like shit about 20 minutes in, but considering I did sip last week and was on the trainer last night, I wasn't too disapointed. Since I had a a Mexican dinner planned with Tiffster, I probably should have ran a little more, but it's all good. Anyone with blister tips/cures are encouraged to chime in here. Anything that can get me running again without making things worse I'll take.

2 comments:

mattonne said...

I can't sing the praises enough of
SMARTWOOL socks, I live in these things, cool in the summer, toasty in the winter, racing, training you name it. pricey but worth every penny. I have used some type of "lambskin" patch before and it works but blisters suck no matter what

PaddyH said...

yep, it's all about good fresh socks...duck tape works good to protect raw skin, I've found.