Monday, November 29, 2010

Time to Light This Fire

I've got only one date in mind right now and it's April 9th, 2010. The McNaughton Trail Run where I'll be taking on the 50 miler. I've got the ultra bug bad and this is either going to satisfy it or have me looking for more. At worst, I fail miserably but will have established a great base to start working from for faster events throughout the year. I have no idea what my "at best" scenerios are. I just really need to take this journey. The mental aspect of it is really what is calling me back. I know it will mean a lot of ups and downs but I've not only accepted it, but I need it.

One think I am already doing differently this time around is that I will continue to do some strength training over the entire winter consisting of a lot of Simple Fit and core work. I will also incorporate some yoga into the mix to assist with the core and flexibility stuff. I will also watch my caloric intake better this time around and maintain my weight much better at 205-210.

So, those are the plans. My journey has already begun and I feel good about where I'm at. I'll feel better thinking about the prospects of where I will be.

No comments: