Friday, November 20, 2009

Kick Ass Show!

So, last night one of my favorite bands made a stop in Peoria. Split Lip Rayfield f'ing brought the goods too. Seriously one of the best shows I've ever been to. I think they were surprised by how great the crowd was and I'm guessing they wont mind coming back. To make the night even better, I was there with Stag and and some friends from work and everyone had a blast. The Amber Bock sledge hammer kept me in bed for a little longer than usual today and delayed my run, but once I got going it went great. I got in a nice interval workout on the treadmill and actually did a couple more than I had planned. Now I'm just killin time before I head off to work. I'm actually looking forward to going to work today too. I've taken some days off here and there the last few weeks and had my school last week. I'd love to have a nice steady weekend with some decent work.

I laid out a nice plan for my test on 12/9 and I'm confident it will ensure that I'm ready when it gets here. Testing in full gear will be my biggest struggle I think. I'm in better shape than most taking the test, but most of them are considerably younger and come from some recent military experience. Doing this kind of stuff in gear isnt a big deal to them. We used to always talk about guys with great track speed but once you put pads on them, they had zero football speed. I dont want to be one of those guys.

No comments: