Friday, November 27, 2009

FOLEPI Tomorrow

The Festival Of Lights East Peoria, IL (FOLEPI) was a good race for me last year. I was very close to a sub 30 minute race, like 5 seconds away actually. I know that this year was a pain in my hamstring for the biggest part of the year, but I feel like I'm pretty healthy right now. I am carrying a couple extra pounds, but I think they're good pounds. I hate to have number goals at a race like this. But I'd be happy to go sub 30 this time. Aside from that. I want to do all the other things right like good prep before the race including fueling and warming up and then just run a smart race. I want to finish feeling strong, not all blown up. Those are mentally hard for me to bounce back from for a few days. I tend to beat myself up over them too much. I got a nice pre race tempo run in today and kept it to just over 15 minutes. I even snuck in a pre meal Thanksgiving day ride yesterday in the cold and wind just to fire up the furnace to help burn off some food.

After the race I will embark on my annual trip to Champaign to visit with my high school friends at The Ribeye for dinner and a few drinks. Not the healthiest of meals, but I'll burn it off quick enough. It's always a good time and one that I look forward to every year.

I'm closing in on my 12/9 test day for the CIERT/ILEAS teams. I'm pretty confident right now. The next 12 days will be about fine tuning and assuring myself so I go into the test with absolutely no questions about getting through it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!