Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My 2009 Season is Over

And I'm happy to say that it ended on a positive note. The Farmdale race went pretty smooth. I didnt set any land speed records but I had a blast and ran it pretty much pain free, including the hills. I got everything out of it I was hoping for and then some. I'm taking it easy for the most part this week and doing a little planning towards 2010.

I'll have my schedule change starting next week and it will only be good until the new year, so I've use that time to experiment a little bit and see what works and what doesnt. I plan on starting some strength training and will continue to run and ride 3-4 times per week. I hope to have one "long" ride or run per week and get a head start on my base training. I will also be starting some pool time and making it a regular part of my training, probably in the mornings. I got the new tri bike ordered yesteday and it should be at the shop by the end of the week. Hopefully I can sneak some rides in on it before the wather gets nasty and cold.

No comments: