Thursday, July 16, 2009

Back to the Basics

After a few days off I got back into training mode today with an ez spin on the RIT. Nothin too hard. I wanted to keep my HR in check and get a nice 90 min. ride in. Mission accomplished. Tomorrow I have some repeat 400's planned on a track. I havent done any speed work in awhile and its more than past time to start it back up. I've lost some overall speed as of late and need to get it back. Swamp Dogs is on 8/8 followed by Black Partridge mtb on 8/9...another double weekend. No worries though. I should be better prepared for both of those races than I was last weekend. I've detailed my training again like I was earlier in the year and included some more speed training. As far as the mtb goes, its just a matter of saddle time and doing solid recon on the courses. I've planned all my training out until that weekend and feel good about the plan. After that I'll re-evaluate and go from there, but its lookin like yet another double on 8/29, 8/30 with the Hanna City Hustle 5k and Kickapoo mtb.

No comments: