Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's Only a Run

I know I said I'd post up a decision for the Du, but we'll leave it to say that it didn't happen. Poor weather, lack of prep, a rush to get there in time after work all on top of what I considered a pricey entry fee kept it from happening. I'm coming off a spell of inactivity the last two weeks except about 40 hrs. of overtime which has taken its toll.

In about 2 1/2 hours I'm going to take part in Citra #2, The Black Partridge Trail Run. It's just a 5K and I'm keeping any aspirations in check. This is really just a "get your ass off the couch" run for me today and get me going again. The OT bug hit me hard and early this pay period so I wanted to take advantage of it and took all I could get. I even turned down another 8 today just so I could sneak in 4 hrs of sleep before the race. But all that said, my weight was still at 202.5, the same as Run to Remember and I don't feel fatigued. I just want to get through the race as strong as I can, get through one more night of work, then get some rest and some training going again. I anticipate some more biking the next few weeks to get ready for my mtb race next month. Unfortunately that will mean a lot of road miles since the trails were just hit with another monsoon leading into the weekend. If possible I'd like to get out at Jubillee and get some trail work in though to help get the trails ready for the race.

Anyway, it's time to get my act together againn and refocus my energy on the season at hand. I'm going to be hitting the heart of it within a few weeks and now I've got some catching up to do.

2 comments:

Mike Howard said...

Let me know how the run went,we were out there working on the trails before the race.

Midz said...

It went as expected....slow. I'm a zombie right now and getting ready to go to work as I type this. Hoping to catch some zzzz's in the morning and hook up with you at Indy