Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Outside on the Road Bike?!

You bet yer sweet ass we were. I was going through some crazy cabin fever too. In fact Saturday night and into Sunday morning we had 4-6" of snow on the ground from a freak snow storm that completely immobolized things for a few hours. But then came Monday and I'm out on the road with Milkman and Tony. It was only 25 miles, but it did a world of good for the spirit. All in all I felt good on the ride, even into some killer headwinds at times. I didn't have as much left at the end as I wanted, but it will come. We took off for a sprint to finish things up and those two flat out left me. I was trying to get to 30 mph, and at about 28.5 my right calf cramped up on me. I had a few more gears to grab, but it wasnt's happening. I backed off and watched them head for the horizon. They said they were up around 34 or so. I just dont have that in me yet. I'll get some pics up from the ride soon.

The new Timex Race Trainer should be in today too. I've already started my training Peaks account and am loking forward to downloading the HRM info. I'll be at the airport for April so I'll have plenty of time to learn the ins and outs of it. I'm not sure the online logging/monitoring is for me but I'll give it a try. I really like my handwritten logbook. I'll stay in it too though as my time spent writing in it is a nice way to end my days before going to bed.

Matt, you may be on to something with that sweep idea. Unfortunatley I think my standing will be sweep even in Novice at this point.

No comments: