Sunday, July 15, 2007

Still Waiting

No word yet on the SOP. I hope to hear more this week though. I had a nice run yesterday at Jubilee. It was the Jubilee Trail Race, the first of the new CITRA series that is a work in progress but will thrive in the future if yesterday was any indication. The race had 80 participants and probably 75% were first time trail runners. It was only a 6 miler so I went out early and got a loop in before the race then did another after I finished. My time was 51:20 so I was prettty happy with my race time considering it was just part of a 12 mile run for me. I felt good finishing and probably should have done another loop and finished with 15 miles for the day, but I opted to stop still feeling good.

Today I did an easy 30 min run in WP and loosen up. I felt pretty good despite a little tightness in my right calf. Not sure how that happened, but it's not a serious thing. I'll do an easy run on the RIT tomorrow of about 8 miles or so. August 11th is coming fast so I need to make sure I'm ready for some serious back to back iles the next couple weekends. This weekend is looking like 3 hrs on Friday and two more on Saturday followed by a 3 and 3 or maybe a 4 and 3 the weekend after that before my taper. Hopefully I'll be tapering for the SOP as well.

No comments: