Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Tomorrow is the Big Day

I take on the next phase of the secret ops plan tomorrow. I'm a little nervous to be honest with you. But I really have nothing to worry about. I just need to be honest and tell the truth. And in all honesty I have nothing to hide. I like to think I'm a decent person and that's all I need to worry about.

I had a solid run yesterday at Farmdale. I did the entire loop in just over two hours. Not too bad for me. Obviously I won't be doing lap 2 or three at that same pace, but I figure if I can average 2.5 hours/loop in October I'll be fine. That's really looking way ahead though. I have other goals to reach before then. I'll be hitting Jubilee on Saturday and I'm going to focus on smaller 4.5 mile loops and keep hitting them to simulate more of what it will be like at my race next month. I'm really hoping to get a solid 4 hours in.

Today I did a quick 90 minutes on the RIT. I was supposed to ride with Howie but I overslept. I got there late and hooked up with him in Princeville on his way back. My buddy is hurting. We need to get him fixed up so we can tackle 24/9.

I'll try and get a ride in with him on Friday also on our 20 mile loop we do. I need to spend some time in the saddle and decide if I want to try the 12 hr. road race in September.

Since I have the big run on Saturday and my gig going on tomorrow I'll take it off except for some good stretching.

No comments: