Monday, September 18, 2006

Charleston Challenge a Success

Well, I did it. The Charleston Challenge is in the books and I am very happy with my results. I was 5th in my age group out of 13 and 30th overall out of 68. My time was one hour, 34 minutes. Not too shabby in my opinion. At the end of the day, It made everything all worth it. Yeah, I've missed some trailcare days and a whole lot of time on my mountainbike and most importantly Tiffany has put up with it all. But I think she was even proud of me and knows how much it meant to me when it was all over.

I'm in the middle of taking some time off right now. My hip was really hurting me some last week so a few days off will be good. I've even endulged in some ribs, pizza and ice cream the last few days. That will all have to come to a halt soon because up next for me is......

The Farmdale Trail Run (8 mile version) on October 14th. I'm really looking forward to it and it will be a nice goal to keep me in the right frame of mind. That a little band called The Woodbox Gang will be in town for me to celebrate.

And the following weekend is the Milkman Century with my buddy Howie. I can't think of a better way to celebrate the season that was for both of us. Good friends, bikes, and a lot of memeories and looking back on the 2006 season. I'm sure the initial plans of 2007 will begin to take place during the ride too.

1 comment:

Mike Howard said...

Nice job down south ! I hope your planning on some more next year !...I'm planning out 2007 already ! We need to get some road miles in over the next month!!!!and I need to ride the last half of the century ride,