Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Last Speed Session

will be tomorrow morning. I plan on getting in a short, 20 minute session of alternating hard/easy running at one minute intervals. This should keep my legs nice and snappy, but not so much work that I'm having to "recover" from it. I just need a nice solid effort. I missed my running this morning due to the weather outside and I don't have a treadmill at the new house. I save most of my treadmill work for when I stay with Tiffany now.

I really started to feel good today as the day went on. I know that I wasn't feeling as good after my run yesterday. I attribute that to poor eating and beer over the weekend. As I got back into my regular eating habits yesterday and on into today, I really strated feeling my body responding and feeling fresh again. I just have to stick to my plan as my man Howie said.

Temps look like they will be on the warm side on Sunday with an expexted high of 93. I suppose race time temps to be in the 80's. E-caps, Elete and plenty of fluids throughout the week. I'll need to have plenty of Heed at the race with me also. The only thing I wish I had was a nice lightweight running hat to keep the sun off of me during the run. I may pick one up. On the other hand, my UA Gear skully and my Pedros Headsweat have served me well so far.

I spend my evenings running the race in my head, planning out my transition and such. I'm rambling. I'll stop now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If there is an Elk Grove in Iowa I will kiss yer ass:) Google maps knows nothing of it, Yahoo maps know nothing of it, my Iowa map don't have it......I'm cornfused:)
Any where in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area is good riding, Manawa, L&C, Swanson, Platte River.....etc. I can hook him up with a couple mates if ya want.

Peace