Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Final Prep For Howl

The Howl is just three days away now. It will be my biggest test/challenge yet. Now I'm going through the "Have I done enough?" stage of the week. I know I'm ready, just keep moving and don't ever stop. My goal right now is 40 miles. That could change as the race goes on, but I don't think so. I know exactly what I need to do to get it done. As long as I start smart with pace, I'll be good. I did a nice short run on Monday and will do so again today after work. I'm trying to spend a little time in the heat, but not so much I'm drained.

I picked up some Sustained Enery yesterday and will be getting some new shorts today before my run. Aside from that, I'm ready to go. Most of my gear is ready to be loaded in the Jeep then I'm out of the office at 3:30 on Friday. Howie's great run at 24/9 really helped me get my mind right again too. Of course I'm reading Ultra Marathon Man again as well. The chapters about the Western States just pumps me up. I'll check in one more time before I leave. Focus/Balance!

No comments: