Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Back to Work

Both employment and training. I enjoyed my laid back week last week, but I'm ready to get after it again. I went and did the Eureka 5K trail run on Saturday and had a blast. Nice to see that series taking off. I actually ran faster than expected with a respectful 24:12. I spent the weekend eating crap, but I've regained focus today and am hoping to get back on my routine. My biggest goal now is to be smart and not overdo anything. I have to train as if I'm leaving for PTI on 9/16 and need to be rested and ready enough to complete my POWER test when I get there. I don't want to be too spent from long runs when I arrive at Champaign.

I feel like I'm getting some pep back now. I need to get on a scale and look at my weight. With any luck I'm back up around 190. I will be including PT in my weekly schedule as well including 100 push ups and three, 1 minute sit up tests on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'll also make sure I'm making stretching a priority. I'm hoping to include some interval running and tempo runs also, just to help out with the POWER test. A change of pace won't be bad for me either just to mix it up a bit.

That's all for now.

No comments: